Thursday, July 7, 2011

if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself then make a change. - michael jackson




when i look in the mirror,


i like what i see.


i may not be perfect,


but i am finally 'ME'.




1000 days SMOKE FREE!!!!




. . . took me years to get there,


but it was SO worth it.


i used to hate to look in the mirror.


i kept looking for what i could be.


i saw a lost, miserable girl in front of me


scared to death of the future


and of who i was becoming.


i went kind of nuts for awhile.


that's what happens 
when you don't know who you are.


i tried to end my life. several times.


i ruined my relationships.


i was empty inside,


but one day,


I CHANGED.


i like who i see in the mirror now.


i'm familiar with this woman looking back at me.


i know where my future is headed.


things around me may not be perfect,


financially things are tough,


but i have a loving, righteous husband


who takes good care of me


and beautiful children 


that i am blessed to raise and take care of everyday.


i don't try to be someone i'm not anymore.


i have faith and stand firm in my beliefs.


i know that no matter how rough life gets,


there is always a way to overcome 


ALL and ANY


obstacles placed in my path.






 Only if you’ve been 


in the deepest valley 


can you ever know 


how magnificent it is to be 


on the highest mountain.


 - Richard Nixon









1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...